- 品牌全称：Leach Relay Company
今天，LEACH的产品可以追溯到九十多年前在旧金山一家小型实验室开发单一产品的历史。作为第一次世界大战期间海军的一名无线电操作员，Val Leach构思了一个闯入接力的想法，以消除他在早期双向无线电通信的不稳定性方面遇到的许多挫折。他的自动天线开关和功率继电器成为该公司的第一款产品。 1929年，运营部门迁至洛杉矶，并在未来十年内扩大产品系列，包括其他类型的继电器，包括延时继电器，飞机开关，电力监控器，配电以及用于通信和电气的飞机继电器行业。不久之后，Leach继电器被飞机制造商所熟知，而且产品专门用于飞机动力切换以及飞机通信。
随着第二次世界大战的到来，Leach Relay Company，Inc。，当时被称为扩大其制造业生产，以支持军用飞机工业。在1941年Val Leach去世后，公司所有权通过各种手牌直到1949年被G.L.Ohrstrom公司收购，并于1952年更名为Leach公司。在接下来的几年里，LEACH公司取得了许多值得注意的成就，包括“平衡电枢”和“平衡力”继电器的发展，这些设计确立了质量，可靠性和性能的行业标准。
在20世纪80年代末和90年代初期，LRE收购了G.E.P.E. S.A.和Les Modeles Francais S.A.为航空航天和铁路市场提供专为恶劣环境设计的开关组件和系统。到1992年，Leach公司在加利福尼亚州布埃纳帕克的现址合并了其所有美国制造业务。 1994年，LEACH与LRE合并成为Leach International--成为全球最古老，最大的航空继电器和固态开关设备供应商。欧洲业务部门总部设在法国Sarralbe。
From a modest beginning as a one-product company in 1919, LEACH® products have become the standard for the design and manufacture of electrical switches, aircraft relays, electrical relays and control devices for the aerospace and rail industries. Designed for applications as diverse as civil and military aviation, satellites and railway systems, the extensive LEACH® line of products includes a full selection of hermetically sealed relays. LEACH® contactors are available with single or multi-pole contacts in latching or non-latching configurations. A variety of complementary devices provide time delay and power measurement functions. The majority of these products are available in different mounting styles and terminals. Comprehensive lines of push-button indicators, solid state power controllers, limit switches and equipment (power distribution assemblies) also play important roles in the company's product mix.
Today's broad range of products can trace its heritage back more than nine decades to the development of a single product in a small laboratory in San Francisco. As a radio operator in the Navy during World War I, Val Leach conceived the idea for a break-in relay to eliminate many of the frustrations he experienced with the erratic nature of early two-way radio communications. His automatic antenna switch and power relay became the company's first product. Operations were moved to Los Angeles in 1929, and, during the next ten years, the product family was broadened to include other types of relays including time delay relays, aircraft switches, power monitor, power distribution, and aircraft relays for the communications and electrical industries. It was not long before Leach relays became known to aircraft manufacturers and products were developed specifically for aircraft power switching as well as for aircraft communications.
With the advent of World War II, Leach Relay Company, Inc., as it was then called, expanded its manufacturing production to support the military aircraft industry. After the death of Val Leach in 1941, company ownership passed through various hands until it was acquired by the G.L. Ohrstrom Company in 1949 and, in 1952, was renamed Leach Corporation. During the following years, the company recorded many notable achievements, including the development of “Balanced Armature" and "Balanced Force" relays. These designs, established the industry standard for quality, reliability and capability.
In 1962, the company expanded into the international marketplace with the establishment of LRE, a subsidiary based in Europe. Their engineers again displayed their ingenuity when, in the early '70s, they shrank the size of relays by 60 percent. Later in the decade, the company applied its new hybrid technology to the development of miniaturized timing circuits for time delay relays. In the 1980's, solid state power controllers and power control modules used in automatic power management systems continued the company's tradition of innovation.
During the late 1980's and early 1990's, LRE acquired G.E.P.E. S.A. and Les Modeles Francais S.A. to provide the aerospace and rail markets with switching components and systems specifically designed for severe environments. By 1992, Leach Corporation consolidated all of its U.S. manufacturing operations at the present site in Buena Park, California. In 1994, it merged with LRE to form Leach International -- becoming the oldest and largest supplier of aerospace relays and solid state switching devices worldwide. European operations were headquartered at Sarralbe, France.